Provide support for the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a project, while mentoring and guiding the project staff.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.
- Maintain daily and weekly communication with owners, architects, and subcontractors related to project risk, timeline, costs/budgets and change management
- Provide daily communication with Project Team to ensure project is continuing on-schedule and on budget
- Perform pre-construction planning, scheduling and cost control
- Prepare monthly reports including budget and forecast analysis, schedule and safety
- Execute the buyout of the job by determining the subcontracting strategy for the project
- Prepare front-end documents and bid processes under various project delivery methods
- Prepare contingency plans for potential risks, expanding contractual services and project profit
- Provide jobsite leadership in all areas of the project needed, including safety and quality
- Support and mentor the Assistant Project Manager throughout the course of the project
- Work directly with accounting staff daily to ensure accurate documentation
- Perform constructability and coordination reviews
- Flexibility to travel as projects demand
A Bachelor’s Degree and five or more years of experience in the construction industry. Knowledge of construction management practices and accounting principles are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Bluebeam/Adobe with an interest in learning new emerging software. Must have the ability to coordinate numerous activities and work well under pressure.
Reports to the Senior Project Manager, and Project Executive. Can be working with several projects teams and must be able to prioritize and multitask. The Project Manager is essential to the projects financial outcome and overall success. Strong leadership skills are an essential attribute.
Interested? Fill out the form to email us and start the application process.