Provides support for your project team, including correspondence, project accounting and project accommodation.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.
- Perform daily project accountant activities.
- Communicate and provide training and support for all project teams.
- Interact with owner, project team and subcontractors on a regular basis regarding billing questions or issues and daily requests.
- Oversee document control as it relates to subcontracts, change orders and insurance for your assigned projects. Includes tracking and compliance.
- Receive and collect all subcontractor AIA billings monthly. Administer and request revisions or additional documentation required.
- Prepare accounts payable invoices for system entry and perform daily system entry for team approval.
- Prepare owner invoices monthly, reconciling job cost, sworn statements and AIA billing documents.
- Select subcontractor/supplier check selection for payment when owner funding arrives.
- Perform all follow up duties for lien administration for both subcontractors and supplier waiver tracking and electronic filing.
- Perform project projections and budget reconciliation with project team monthly.
- Assist project team with mobilization /set up to the job site, utilities, lodging and travel arrangements. Both at mobilization and at close out.
- Maintain and monitor “Project File” compliance for all applicable projects and ensure easy retrieval.
- Attend and prepare documents for all start-up and closeout meetings.
- Perform additional assignments per owner and project executive’s direction.
- Be willing to travel to project sites in Michigan and all other regional office locations/project location.
A Bachelor’s degree along with 5 years of construction related administrative experience. Knowledge of contracts and construction documents essential.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Adobe/BlueBeam and knowledge of accounting principles and job cost accounting. Must be detail oriented. Ability to navigate through the internet with familiarity.
Reports to CEO, CFO, and Project Executives. Works with several project teams and must be able to prioritize and multi task. The Project Accountant is typically the office representative for the entire project team and strong organizational skills are an essential attribute.
Interested? Fill out the form to email us and start the application process.