The Lead Project Superintendent, for these work divisions, is responsible for providing overall onsite logistic and personnel management for the safe and timely completion of the construction and manufacturing project. The Project Superintendent should have a complete understanding of the very technical mechanical and/or electrical aspects of the building and process equipment plans and specifications along with the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple supervisors and trade contractors.
About Wieland Corporation
Founded in 1959, Wieland Corporation is a U.S. based, privately-held, ENR 400 rated construction company. Wieland Corporation provides a complete range or services, including planning, program management, preconstruction, general contracting, construction management, design-build, and development.
We are committed to providing superior project management and are passionate about delivering great quality buildings in a safe, timely and environmentally friendly manner. We are looking for people who share these qualities and are passionate in this industry.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise field operations for projects of varying complexity
- Provide supervision of all sub-trades, workers and suppliers while ensuring they perform according to their contract provisions and drawing specifications
- Review and apply technical specifications, schematic drawings, general arrangement drawings, equipment data and assist in start-up
- Maintain the schedule during the entire course of the project
- Ensure the site meets all jobsite safety standards
- Responsible for the overall quality of completed work
- Coordinate inspections with relevant authorities
- Notify and assist in preparing contingency plans for potential risks
- Work directly with the project team members for overall project success
- Prepare daily reports and direct jobsite work coordination meetings
- Very strong work ethic with the willingness to travel and/or relocate temporarily
- Strong ability to communicate and coordinate with client
- 10+years of experience serving as commercial construction Superintendent with an emphasis on mechanical and electrical systems
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision making, and problem solving skills, with attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy is essential
- Computer literate and receptive to emerging technology and software programs
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Verifiable experience with solid project list, reference and subcontractor base
- Heavy industrial equipment and system installation experience. Required to have directed high level coordination for contractors and supervision of full systems including Pumps, Drive Motors, Tanks, Large Bore Piping, Small bore Piping, Manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to use scheduling software and experience with the CPM process a plus.
- Must have ability to read and understand technical manufacturing and construction documents.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous 401K plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland Corporation has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.
Interested? Fill out the form to email us and start the application process.