Work directly with the Project Manager, Superintendent, and Contract Administrator to coordinate all functions of construction from Pre-Construction through close-out of the project. They serve as the linchpin for communication and direction between the Wieland Project Team, Owner, Architect, and Subcontractors.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Create bid packages, distribute bid documents, clarify bid related questions as needed with contractors in an efficient manner
- Review quotations based on cost and completeness of scope
- Schedule and perform post bid interviews to verify scope, schedule, and cost resulting in selection of subcontractors that will represent Wieland
- Finalize quotation to ownership including general conditions
- Create, manage, and update submittal log and related workflow
- Create, manage, and update RFI communications
- Update, manage and distribute drawings and specifications to all parties needed
- Create and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Assist in permitting and inspection processes
- Manage and resolve conflicts regarding scope and or cost throughout the project
- Prepare and distribute subcontracts and change orders as needed throughout job duration
- Formulate proposals, options and solutions to ownership as changes arise
- Update schedule and monitor subcontractor compliance
- Manage close out process including punchlist, as-built drawings and documentation in a timely manner
- Protect the interests of the owner and cultivate a positive relationship for future business
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ experience (2) in assisting Project Manager’s. Knowledge of construction management practices. Accounting is essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Bluebeam/Adobe with an acceptance of learning new and emerging software. Must have the ability to coordinate numerous activities and work well under pressure. Effective communication skills are a must and being task driven is a plus.
Reports to the Project Manager, or Superintendent and Project Executives. Can be working with serval project teams and must be able to prioritize and multitask. The Assistant Project Manager is essential to project documentation control and strong organizational skills are an essential attribute.
Interested? Fill out the form to email us and start the application process.