Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Founded in 1958, Wieland is a U.S. based, privately-held, ENR 400 rated construction company. Wieland provides a complete range of services, including planning, program management, preconstruction, general contracting, construction management, design-build, and development.
We are committed to providing superior project management and are passionate about delivering great quality buildings in a safe, timely and environmentally friendly manner. We are looking for people who share these qualities and are passionate in this industry.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for providing overall onsite management for the safe and timely completion of the construction project. The Project Superintendent should have a complete understanding of the building plans and specifications along with the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple sub-trades.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise field operations for projects of varying complexity
- Provide supervision of all sub-trades, workers and suppliers while ensuring they perform according to their contract provisions and drawing specifications
- Maintain the schedule during the entire course of the project
- Ensure the site meets all jobsite safety standards
- Responsible for the overall quality of completed work
- Coordinate inspections with relevant authorities
- Notify and assist in preparing contingency plans for potential risks
- Work directly with the project team members for overall project success
- Prepare daily reports and direct jobsite work coordination meetings
- Very strong work ethic with the willingness to travel and/or relocate temporarily
- 10+years of experience serving as commercial construction Superintendent
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision making, and problem solving skills, with attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy is essential
- Computer literate and receptive to emerging technology and software programs
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Verifiable experience with solid project list, reference and subcontractor base
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous 401K plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of Wieland, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.