Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
About Wieland Preconstruction Manager’s
Wieland wants Preconstruction Managers who take ownership and drive relentlessly to successfully estimate, take off, and execute preconstruction services. Wieland’s structure provides this immediate opportunity, coupled with guidance and leadership of experienced Project Executives, and other Preconstruction Managers. Our Preconstruction Managers are integral to all functions of the preconstruction process which enables them to gain the experience and knowledge needed to support the project teams in the transition stage from preconstruction to project execution.
The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, and organization of preliminary budgets and schedules to produce a viable product to the client and project team.
- Review construction documents and utilize subcontractor community to help develop budgets
- Execute and complete thorough take-offs of progress construction drawings for budgeting and bidding purposes
- Perform 30-60-90 budgets during design phase to keep projects on track
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers and Project Executives during pre-construction phase to ensure smooth transition into construction phase
- Maintain and expand our valued subcontractor community through networking and development of relationships
- Bid projects independently and alongside a team when applicable
- Ability to coordinate numerous activities at once, and reprioritize throughout the workday
- Generate timely and relevant Requests For Information from the bid recipients prior to bid date
- Identify potential risks and possible value engineering opportunities
A Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent of four- eight years’ experience working in the commercial construction industry. Excellent organization, problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Must have a working knowledge of computer skills and be receptive to emerging technology and software programs. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Willingness to travel short term.
Works directly with the Project Executives,Project Managers, and occiassaliny with the Dirctor of Preconstruction in Michigan. Must be able to work with variety of people, from subcontractors, engineers, and clients. The Preconstruction Manager is a direct contact during the bidding, and preconstruction stages so clear communication is an essential attribute.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of Wieland, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.