Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Marketing / Business Development Internship
Wieland is seeking student interns to assist in its Business to Business lead generation effort for its national business development group. The successful candidate would be a senior, preferably on track to receive a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Sales, or a related business field. The candidate should have demonstrable skills and/or understanding of the sales process, including phone and interpersonal skills, for contacting businesses and potential clients.
Specific skills which will be taught and used for this position will include:
- Researching businesses who “look like” Wieland’s customers, based on intuition and on SIC Codes (Standard Industrial Codes)
- Using tools such as Sales Genie and Hoovers to research targeted companies
- Contacting targeted businesses via telephone, e-mail or in person and determining the decision makers for construction decisions
- Preparing a pipeline of “scrubbed” leads for Wieland’s Business Development Managers (BDM) in Florida.
- “Sitting in” on sales calls and/or making actual sales calls in person with Wieland’s BDMs
- Assist with production of marketing material such as proposals, and regional office informational marketing booklets.
This internship will provide an exciting run-up to a future in market research, business development and/or sales. Students will get the chance to interact with C-level managers and highly-skilled sales professionals in Wieland’s office locations.
Wieland is an ENR-Top 400 Contractor with headquarters in Lansing, MI and regional offices in Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina and California. For more information visit www.wielandbuilds.com