Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Information Technology (IT) Assistant
About Wieland’s IT Assistant’s
Wieland is looking for an IT Assistant to act as a support for our Technology Department. The individual in this role will need to be efficient and eager to take on continuous responsibility. Wieland’s structure provides this immediate opportunity, coupled with daily guidance and leadership of an experienced Information Technology team. Our IT Assistant will be integral to all functions of onboarding, offboarding and solving systematic issues.
Provide support to our current Information Technology team and assist with daily functions to keep all computer equipment running smoothly as well as ensuring that Wieland employees are able to interact with this equipment successfully.
- Provide user assistance by answering tech-support phone calls and resolving issues thoroughly and accurately.
- Provide day to day support to end users across the company via phone, email and in person communication.
- Set up new employees with their equipment and software while simultaneously providing step by step information on how to properly utilize them.
- Periodically audit the IT department’s inventory and ensure that there is enough necessary equipment and accessories on hand.
- Responsible for training current employees on how to use equipment that they are unfamiliar with (ex. iPad, iPhone, laptops, drones, etc.).
- Install, maintain, and update programs on employee’s computers and on the organization’s network.
- Collect exiting employee’s equipment and prep for redistribution.
- Travel to projects and regional offices on an as needed basis.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree relating to Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision making, and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.