Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
About Wieland Assistant Superintendents
Wieland wants an Assistant Superintendents who take ownership and help drive a project schedule to produce a successful project. They are responsible for Safety, Quality and the project Schedule. Wieland’s structure provides this immediate opportunity, coupled with guidance and leadership of experienced Superintendents. Wieland’s Assistant Superintendents are integral in the production of all projects which enables them to gain experience and knowledge to become our next Superintendents.
Assist in providing overall onsite management for the safe and timely completion of the construction project, while effectively communicating with the Wieland Project Team, and subcontractors.
- Monitor the jobsite daily to ensure compliance with current safety standards
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Ensure accuracy of project documentation within Wieland’s current software system
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize complications and create a plan to reach a solution
- Daily coordination and supervision of sub-trades, workers, and suppliers
- Ensure all sub-trades, workers, and suppliers perform according to contract provisions and drawing specifications
- Prepare daily reports within given software system
- Participate in weekly or daily jobsite coordination meetings depending on project demands
- Notify project team of any potential risks and assist in preparing a contingency plan
- Assist in scheduling inspections to ensure the project stays within the schedule
- Examine materials and equipment as they are delivered to the project site to ensure conformance with the contract documents and approved submittals
- Develop relationships with owners, subcontractors, and the design team
- Assist in project control of project extras and change orders in a timely manner
- Be proactive in communication with subcontractors regarding any schedule changes or updates
- Monitor material and equipment installation to ensure compliance with contract documents and product requirements
- Ability to develop familiarity with site requirements, materials and full range of trade division
- Flexibility to travel as projects demand
A Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent of two- four years experience working in the commercial construction industry. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have a working knowledge of computer skills, Microsoft Project, and be receptive to emerging technology and software programs. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision-making skills with attention to accuracy and deadlines.
Works directly with the Superintendent, Project Manager and Project Executives. Must be able to work with variety of project teams. The Assistant Superintendent is an onsite representative during the duration of the project and strong communication skills are an essential attribute.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.