Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
About Wieland Superintendents
Wieland’s Superintendents are expected to take ownership and drive a schedule to produce a successful project. Wieland’s structure provides this immediate opportunity, coupled with guidance and leadership of experienced Project Executives. Our Superintendents are integral in the production of all projects which enables them to provide experience and knowledge needed to successfully complete a project.
Provide overall onsite management for the safe and timely completion of the construction project, while maintaining the project budget. Effectively communicate with the Project Team, Subcontractors, Design Team and Owners.
- Collaborate with project team to maintain schedule during course of the project
- Monitor the jobsite daily to ensure compliance with current safety standards
- Ensure accuracy of project documentation within Wieland’s current software system
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize complications and create a plan to reach a solution
- Daily coordination and supervision of sub-trades, workers, and suppliers
- Ensure all sub-trades, workers, and suppliers perform according to contract provisions and drawing specifications
- Prepare daily reports within given software system
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain 3-4 week look ahead schedules and hold subcontractors accountable in meeting the schedule
- Direct weekly or daily jobsite coordination meetings depending on project demands
- Notify project team of any potential risks and assist in preparing a contingency plan
- Proactively schedule inspections to ensure the project stays within the schedule
- Develop relationships with owners, subcontractors, and the design team
- Plan all field operations in timely manner
- Ability to develop familiarity with site requirements, materials and full range of trade division
- Flexibility to travel as projects demand
Five to seven years of experience serving as a commercial superintendent or lead foreman, requiring professionalism and integrity. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have proficient knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project. Must be receptive to emerging technology and software programs. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision-making skills, with attention to accuracy and deadlines.
Works directly with Project Team, including the Project Executives. Must be able to work with a variety of project teams. The Superintendent is the onsite representative during the duration of the project and strong communication skills are an essential attribute.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.