Check Out Our Current Job Openings
ABOUT THIS POSITION
About Wieland Accounting Assistant/Contract Administrator
Wieland is looking for an Accounting Assistant/Contract Administrator to act as a support for our Contract Administrators. The individual in this role will need to be efficient and eager to take on continuous responsibility. Wieland’s structure provides this immediate opportunity, coupled with daily guidance and leadership of an experienced Chief Financial Officer and Contract Administrators. Our Accounting Assistant/Contract Administrator will be integral to all functions of construction management which enables them to gain the experience and knowledge needed to support every project team in multiple facets of construction.
Provide support for our Contract Administrators and assist with daily accounting functions and processing.
- Receive and record contracts, change orders, insurances and project correspondence.
- Sort and assist Accounts Payable invoices for system entry.
- Perform all follow up duties for lien administration and contract/project specific requirements.
- Follow up on all insurance requirements not specifically met.
- Perform mail distribution and scanning to appropriate personnel.
- Create CM Reports (when required).
- Perform additional assignments per Owner, Project Managers’ and/or supervisor’s direction.
- Prepare and distribute subcontracts, purchase orders, owner contracts and related change orders. Oversee document control of these items.
- Assist in preparation of marketing proposals/presentations. Gather information, prepare required format, check for accuracy and grammatical errors and assist in distribution of prepared items.
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree along with an interest in construction administration. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Adobe/Bluebeam and knowledge of accounting principles and job cost accounting. Must be detail oriented. Ability to navigate through various software systems with familiarity.
EEO Employer – It is the policy of the Wieland Corporation, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Wieland has an unwavering focus on safety and the environment.